Dropshipping is nothing new to you, as evidenced by your clicking on this article. But just in case you didn’t know, here’s the synopsis. Dropshipping refers to the practise of doing business on the Internet by reselling goods that are actually supplied by a separate company (or wholesalers). The most significant benefit of dropshipping is that it relieves retailers of the responsibility of stocking and shipping customer orders.
A third-party provider handles everything like this. The dropshipper’s primary function is that of a marketing manager. Their primary responsibility is to design secure, aesthetically pleasing, and engaging virtual stores that can successfully draw in a wide variety of customers. The question now is, how to make a Shopify dropshipping store profitable?
What Makes Shopify Perfect for Dropshipping
Before explaining why Shopify is ideal for a dropshipping business, it is necessary to define Shopify and assess its suitability for such an endeavour. With Shopify, anyone can open an online store in a few easy steps, and it only takes a monthly subscription. Over a million businesses (customers) use it, making it the most widely adopted e-commerce solution available.
Many people prefer Shopify because it is more than just a dropshipping store builder. It also offers a rich ecosystem of paid and free apps and services to assist you in running your dropshipping business effectively. True, Shopify has been a major factor in the expansion of the dropshipping industry.
The dropshipper who uses Shopify will gain:
- Multiple Online Shop Templates Hosted
- Storefront POS System Shopify Offers Thousands of Apps for Selling Integrated Payment Processing
- Strong Integration with Checkout Systems, including Free Dropshipping Tools like Dropship Corporation, and Around-the-Clock Customer Service
- Package Delivery with Shopify
Budgetary Requirements for a Dropshipping Enterprise
About $230-$250 is about average for what you’ll need. The main types of expenses in a Shopify dropshipping company are:
- Shopify’s starting $29/month basic plan is free to Dropship Corporation forever (Best dropshipping tool to find products directly from AliExpress)
- About $100 for a product sample (will depend on the niche or products you have)
- The product’s advertising budget will average $100 per month.
- Naturally, if you want higher sales, you’ll need to spend more on your expanding online shop. There is an in-depth article on saving money and cutting costs with dropshipping if you’re interested. I ask that you read this.
How to Open a Dropshipping Store on Shopify
Use the detailed instructions below to launch a successful dropshipping business on Shopify. From choosing a niche to landing your first client, you’ll find it all in our concise and actionable guide.
The first four steps focus on the organisational aspects of launching a dropshipping business, while the next five detail the more technical aspects of getting up and running.
Find Your Sweet Spot
Whether you choose Shopify or another e-commerce platform, the primary focus of your dropshipping store should be on making sales. Methods for Choosing Profitable Products
Consider what it is that most piques your curiosity.
Knowing and believing in the value of the products or services you offer is essential to the success of any business. Passion and interest go a long way towards making a lasting impression on customers and earning their loyalty.
Do some research to see if your product is currently popular.
Simply earning interest is insufficient. Check if there is interest in your product by looking at the top-selling items on AliExpress and by using Google Trends.
Learn how much of a margin you could make.
Visit AliExpress after compiling a wish list of popular items to see how much you can buy. Check the price on Amazon (or another well-known marketplace) and see how much cheaper it is. To determine which products will yield the highest profit, shipping and advertising costs must be subtracted from the total price.
Figure Out Who You Want to Read It
The next step is to identify your ideal customers. In other words, who are your most likely customers? However popular your product is, you still need to make your shop stand out from the competition. Nothing can be accomplished if “everyone” is the target.
As such, it’s important to construct a buyer persona, a fictionalised representation of your perfect customer. View the sample buyer persona that we’ve created below.
You should begin by basing your buyer persona off of educated guesses and Google search engine results at the very least. Consider your target market, the problems they’re having, the worries they have, and how your product can help them.
The more sales you make, the more information you’ll have to refine your buyer’s persona. Installing Google Analytics will allow you to track your customers’ demographic and purchasing patterns.
Keep an Eye on Branding
The next step in developing your company’s brand is to identify your ideal clientele. It’s a common practise for drop shippers to skip this step and launch yet another generic online store. If your goal is to increase your bank account balance, you are making a serious error by doing this. We sell the same ones as multiple other dropshippers because starting a Shopify business has such low entry barriers. You must differentiate your company from the competition if you want to attract customers.
Review your target audience profiles once more.
What sort of logo do you think would appeal to your ideal clientele? Which kinds of topics and emotions do you think might pique their interest? What kind of introspection do they have to perform? Your Shopify brand’s name, logo, social media posts, and product descriptions should all speak to the hopes and dreams of your ideal customer.
Find the Best Name for Your Shop
Then give the shop a name. Shopify gives all new stores this name as a starting point: your-store-name.myshopify.com. But to make it look more professional, you should take out the “myshopify” part and make a custom domain name.
You can use Shopify’s free store name generator to come up with a name for your store and see if it is available.
Here are some important things to think about when giving your business a name:
- Use the most important words
- Should be simple to write
- If you’ve found the perfect name for your business, but it’s already being used on social media, try adding “social” or a similar word to the name. Try to have the same name on all of your platforms so that customers can find you easily.
So, let’s move on to the more complicated part of making a Shopify dropshipping store.
How to Set Up a Shopify Account
Don’t worry if you don’t know which Shopify plan to use. You don’t need to make a decision right away. Just start the 14-day free trial and start setting up your store.
After you enter the information, Shopify will ask you some questions on the next screen. For example, it will ask what industry you are in and if you already have a product for sale. Your answer will tell Shopify how to help you make your store.
Once you have the Dashboard for your store, you need to do these three things to set up your store:
- Put in Product
- Change your theme.
- Then, add your domain name.
The next step is to make the store look different from the others.
Shopify has more than 100 paid and free themes. You can look through them by industry to find the one that will work best for your brand. You can also change each theme to make it fit your needs. You can easily add or remove the content you want. If you know how to code, you can make your shop even better.
Tips for designing your store:
- Always use high-quality images. Remember that even if the product supplier has cool images, all dropshippers can access them. So, if you want to stand out, buy a sample of the product you want to sell and get your photos in order. If you need photos to set the mood of your store as a whole, you can find great free stock images on sites like Unsplash, Pexels, and more.
- Good photo of the product – Dropship Corporation
- Be Specific: The less your customers have to worry about in your store, the more likely they are to buy something from you. Don’t use pop-ups or make your store too bright.
- Social Proof for Happy Customers: Plan where to put user-generated content and customer reviews. People will be more likely to buy from your store if they see other people happy with what they bought. Also, it would be great if you could make a logo for your store. If you don’t know how to use PhotoShop, you can use any online logo maker to make it (PS). *
- Social Proof for Happy Customers: Plan where to put user-generated content and customer reviews. People will be more likely to buy from your store if they see other people happy with what they bought. Also, it would be great if you could make a logo for your store. If you don’t know how to use PhotoShop, you can use any online logo maker to make it (PS).
Put in your goods
You can add your products to your Shopify dropshipping store in a few different ways. Here are some examples:
- Importing a Catalogue from a CSV File in Bulk
- Upload one by one (Time Consuming)
- Link your Shopify account for drop shipping to Dropship Corporation. It’s the best platform for dropshippers because it makes it easy for them to find products and add them to their stores. Dropship Corporation also lets you import products from AliExpress to your store using the three methods listed above.
You have to describe your product, and this is where you should pay more attention. Go back to the buyer’s persona and think about what your ideal customer might want to achieve. Make sure the title of your product is short and easy to click, and that the description focuses on the benefits rather than the features.
Choose how you want to ship and pay.
Lastly, you need to fill in a few more technical details. It’s important to remember the following:
Check out Shopify’s shipping costs page, which will help you figure out how much shipping will cost. You can also use it to handle orders. Mostly, you have three main options:
- Offer Shipping at MRP
- Don’t charge for shipping
- You can add extra shipping costs (don’t say it outright; just add it to the price of shipping).
- Payment: Shopify Payments, which is already set up in your account, is the best way to pay. Just turn it on.
You’re almost good to go!
Add software from the Shopify Store.
Shopify has a lot of apps that dropshippers can use to run their businesses. The Shopify App Store has everything you need to find things to sell, run automatic ads, and fix SEO mistakes.
Some Shopify Store apps that can help your dropshipping business grow are listed below:
- Automizely: Offer Ad Campaigns You Can Customize
- Dropship Corporation is the official dropshipping solution from AliExpress.
- Loox: Get Product Reviews, Photo & Video Reviews, and Referrals
- Tidio: Chatbots, Messenger, and Instagram have made live chat better.
At the Finish
If you want to use Shopify Base to build a dropshipping store, you’ve come to the right place.
In the guide above, we talked about everything, from choosing a product category to figuring out how popular a product is to researching keywords, designing a website, making it mobile-friendly, and much more. Hope this guide helps you make your own dropshipping store that makes money.