The Scandinavian region is known for its love of shopping, and Swedish commerce and online shopping in particular have a lot of room to grow in the next few years. Official data shows that eCommerce stores are becoming more and more popular, and that most people who shop online tend to buy beauty and fashion products.
When starting an online store, there is one thing that is essential, and that is finding quality products at wholesale prices. This is because Scandinavians are known for appreciating high-quality goods. Before we get into the list of the best wholesale suppliers for the Swedish area, let’s look at some statistics and data about why Sweden is one of the best countries for dropshipping and wholesale buying and why it should be your target country if you want to start a clothing store.
Sweden’s people number
Worldometer’s most recent estimate is that there are more than 10 million people living in Sweden. Only 11.9% of Swedes live in rural areas. This means that 88.1% of Swedes live in cities. A study by Flanders Investment & Trade says that by the year 2025, about 44% of Swedes will have grown up with computers. This shows that eCommerce is becoming more important, and smart devices are becoming an important part of the buying process.
Sweden’s digital and online shopping landscapes
With the help of Datareportal, we’ve found out the following about how the digital world in Sweden has changed over time:
- As of January 2023, almost 97% of the country’s total population, or 9.88 million people, used the internet.
- In the same month of 2023, 9.25 million Swedes, or just over 90% of the total population, used social media;
- Since 70% of Swedish shoppers buy things online, this country has the highest percentage of eCommerce purchases of any Nordic country.
- Because of these things, Sweden has a strong online shopping market, which Statista says is in the following state:
- The country’s eCommerce market is expected to bring in US$18.30bn by the end of 2024;
- The income is expected to reach US$26.42bn by 2025;
- 41% of the people who filled out the survey said that beauty and health products and clothing and shoes were the most popular things to buy online in 2023.
- Statista says that a more recent report from June 2022 shows that the fashion segment has taken the lead in Sweden’s online market, with sales of about $4.44 billion.
Who are the best wholesalers in Sweden?
Let’s list the best wholesale suppliers in Sweden that you could work with. In this article, we’ve put together a list of the most trustworthy companies that sell products that are sure to appeal to your target audience.
MASAI is a brand and wholesaler of women’s clothes with headquarters in Copenhagen and warehouses in both Denmark and Sweden.
- They make all kinds of clothes, from dresses to pajamas;
- Klarna, PayPal, MasterCard, and Visa are all ways to pay. You can reach them Monday through Friday between 10 AM and 6 PM.
- The only bad thing is that they only ship to a few European countries.
Yabelo is yet another Swedish wholesaler you can work with if you want to sell clothes to people in Sweden.
- Their range of products includes things like clothes, shoes, and accessories;
- All of the products are bought in Europe, either directly from the manufacturers or from other retailers, and then sent to resellers all over the world.
- They don’t have any warehouses in Sweden. Instead, they’re in Spain, which could make it take longer for goods to get to your home if you’re in Sweden;
- Another problem with Yabelo is that you can only buy items in bulk, so you can’t choose between different styles. This could be a problem because you won’t know for sure if your customers will like the stocklots you’ve already set up.
GoldMax, a B2B eCommerce wholesale and export company founded in 2009, is the next company on our list of Swedish wholesale suppliers. Their main office is in Nepal, but they also have a branch in Sweden to help their business grow in that country.
- GoldMax sells high-quality handcrafted fashion accessories, home textiles, and pet supplies.
- Made from materials that are good for the environment;
- You can also ask for a custom range and use it to represent your brand with;
- This vendor takes payments from debit cards, credit cards, and PayPal;
- The goods can be sent to your store in Sweden in 1-2 business days.
Alanic Global is the last Swedish wholesaler on our list. They are not only a wholesaler but also a manufacturer.
- They sell clothing for kids, men, and women in many different categories.
- They are a dress supplier as well as a supplier of general clothing and shoes, fitness clothing, accessories, and lifestyle products.
- Clothing can be made of cotton, polyester, and other materials. They ship all over the world.
Taking into account the above statistics about Sweden’s eCommerce landscape, we can say with great certainty that the country is on a good path to growing its potential and expanding its online market on a large scale. So, if you want to start a dropshipping business, Sweden is a good place to start. We’ve given you a few possible suppliers, so now it’s up to you to take over the Swedish market.