Not to fear, though; I’ve compiled a Wish vs. AliExpress comparison that will help you determine which dropshipping platform is the best for your needs.
Know the Differences Between Wish and AliExpress
Let’s quickly go over the history of these eCommerce giants before we list the distinctions between dropshipping on Wish and AliExpress.
AliExpress, which is owned by the Alibaba Group, is a massive online marketplace. AliExpress may have its roots in China, but it has also carved out a sizable chunk of the markets in other countries, including Singapore, Russia, Brazil, and the United States.
The vast majority of AliExpress’s sellers are located in China and offer a wide variety of consumer electronics, clothing, outdoor gear, home goods, and more. On top of that, AliExpress has a feature called Buyer Protection that helps guard users from fraudulent transactions is the official AliExpress dropshipping tool, compiling thousands of sellers into a single location for your convenience.
Those who engage in drop shipping
Start Using, the Best AliExpress Dropshipping Tool, Right Away to Expand Your Online Store!
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS FREE TRIAL OFFER RIGHT NOW
AliExpress has more than $150 million customers and is currently valued at more than $3.6 billion. However, the Alibaba Group is valued at more than $49 billion and has more than 500 million users.
Wish, an American eCommerce platform owned by ContextLogic Inc, is a relative newcomer. The San Francisco-based firm started out as a website where users could compile “wish lists” of products they were interested in purchasing.
Wish has expanded over the last few years to include more than 500,000 registered sellers from all over the world. In 2020, the online retailer’s annual revenue reached $2.5 billion, a staggering figure at the time.
Like AliExpress, Wish has a dropshipping section where you can list items to sell from a wide variety of categories, such as electronics, apparel, toys, home goods, and more.
Features for Dropshipping on Wish vs. AliExpress
Now when you are familiar with the basics of each platform, let’s get to know more about their dropshipping features.
Accessibility of Items
With a presence in the market since 2010, AliExpress has rapidly expanded to become a major eCommerce platform. AliExpress simply has more products from more sellers than any other online marketplace.
The majority of Wish’s vendors sell either clothing or electronics, limiting shoppers’ options.
The price of a product can make or break your decision to start a dropshipping business. In this regard, we discovered that AliExpress dropshipping was superior to Wish.
Although it is difficult to compare all products offered on both sites, it is generally accepted that AliExpress offers lower prices.
If you want to keep tabs on the cost of goods sold on AliExpress, you can use any number of tools available, including Alitools.
According to our Wish vs. AliExpress comparison, both websites are safe and dependable. Wish serves millions of customers across the globe, but the United States and Europe make up the bulk of their revenue.
AliExpress, on the other hand, has an extensive global footprint, with a thriving local community in every major market around the world, including the United States, Europe, Brazil, Russia, and many others.
Products for Dropshipping
When it comes to starting a dropshipping business with minimal overhead, AliExpress has long been a go-to option. Wish has also introduced dropshipping services, but they aren’t as robust as those offered by competitors.
To manage your AliExpress dropshipping orders without lifting a finger, you can use software.
You can easily run your dropshipping business with the help and their many advanced features, such as the Supplier Optimizer and Bulk Orders. This kind of automation is not currently available for Wish-based dropshipping shops.
Disadvantage and Advantage of Wish and Aliexpress
Now when you know the major differences between Wish and AliExpress dropshipping, let’s have a quick rundown of their pros and cons.
- Pros: Using Wish for dropshipping is pretty easy.
- It has a large number of catalogues and sellers for you to choose from.
- PayPal, Payoneer, and other payment gateways can be used without any problems.
- CONS: There are a lot of sellers on Wish who sell fake goods.
- It is fairly new and only offers a few dropshipping services.
- Most of the prices are a bit higher than average.
- Up to 15% more in commission fees.
- Pros: It is one of the biggest and most well-known dropshipping platforms, and millions of sellers use it.
- Users can automate most of their work with the help, which is the official AliExpress dropshipping tool.
- There are many tools and plug-ins that can help you with dropshipping (like social integration, timely insights, and more).
- To start an AliExpress dropshipping business, we need to spend at least a certain amount of money.
- CONS: Some products can take longer than others to get to you.
To sum up, AliExpress dropshipping is a much more viable business model than Wish. In any case, if you’re serious about maximising your output and expanding your customer base, you might want to look into purchasing a specialised application.
That’s because it’s the real deal—the official AliExpress dropshipping solution that gives you access to a marketplace containing thousands of retailers.
- With the help, you can order hundreds of items at once from the seller of your choice.
- It also lets you create bundles of products that can help sell more of them all together.
- There is a built-in feature called Supplier Optimizer that lets you choose the best-rated supplier for your products and make the most money possible.
- You will also have more advanced options for tracking numbers and order statuses to sync automatically.
- Some other useful features are automatic pricing, managing multiple stocks, dividing products, and so on.
The decision of which dropshipping platform to use has liberated you to launch your new online store.
Wish is, needless to say, a poor choice compared to AliExpress. If you want to expand your AliExpress dropshipping business, however it is the way to go.
It’s the official AliExpress dropshipping tool, used by thousands of companies already, and it will give you a leg up thanks to its convenient automation features.