Pew Research says that 82% of adults in the United States read online reviews. To put that in perspective, 82 out of every 100 potential customers who visit your Shopify website read product reviews.
So, it’s just as important to give your customers a way to tell you how they feel about the things they bought from you.
After you set up a Shopify store, reviews are important pieces of information that help build your credibility. People are social creatures, and we value what other people have to say.
In reality, many people are afraid to take risks and would rather hear about other people’s experiences before buying something.
If you don’t have review apps in your store, you’re missing out on word-of-mouth advertising, which is the most effective way to market.
We will look at the different apps you can add to your Shopify store. After reading this, you should be able to choose the Shopify review app that works best for you.
Reviews of products
Product Reviews is a free app for Shopify that was made by Shopify. Its best selling point is that its color scheme automatically matches your Shopify theme, unlike other apps where you have to change the colors yourself.
Some things you can do with it are listed below.
- Customers give one to five stars to your product.
- You can see the customer’s email address and reply to them that way. Thank them for leaving positive feedback, and if they are unhappy with your product, try to make things right with them.
- You can also reply to a customer’s feedback, which other people can see.
- The average rating for each product is shown by adding up the ratings for each product.
Here are some important things that will help you in business.
- Fully customizable: if you don’t like the default layout or color scheme, you can change them.
- You can hide and manage reviews you don’t want to show by using bulk actions.
- Importing a CSV file lets you do data analysis on a spreadsheet, which is especially helpful if you’re trying to figure out why customers are unhappy.
Most importantly, the app has SEO built in automatically. Google will index these results and use them in its search engine to show what customers are looking for in relation to your product.
Review of the Rivyo Product
Thimatic is a company that makes apps for the Shopify platform. It only has two products right now, and one of them is Rivyo.
If you haven’t already noticed, the name is a purposely misspelled version of the word “review.”
Rivyo is a tool with many uses. It not only lets you set up a review channel for your customers, but it also lets you import reviews from AliExpress.
It has both free and paid versions, but if you only use the free version, you won’t be able to use all of the app’s features.
You can do the following with the free app:
- Customers can add pictures to their reviews as well as text.
- It comes with built-in Q&A features that let a customer ask you a question even before they buy something.
- Real-time dashboard reports; each day, you can see how many reviews were uploaded.
If you sign up for the Advance Plan, you’ll have to pay $5.99 each month. You will get the following things with this money.
- Bring AliExpress reviews in. This is helpful if you want to buy things on AliExpress. You can copy product reviews from AliExpress and put them on your site to make it look like the purchases came from your store, even if they were made by AliExpress customers.
- SEO Search Widget: If your product comes up in a Google search, the search engine will also show the product’s star rating. This will give people more confidence in your product and make it more likely that they will click on the link to your product.
- After a transaction is done, emails are sent out automatically. This lets you start building a relationship as soon as someone buys something.
There are other features that will help you, such as the ability to change colors and palettes, the layout of testimonials, and more.
Yotpo has reviews, photos, and questions and answers.
Yotpo is a Shopify customer review app that can do more than one thing. It has both free and paid versions. You can connect it to Facebook, Instagram, and other apps like email responders and helpdesk apps.
Yotpo is different from other apps because you can share reviews on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
You can collect both reviews and photos with the free version. Like with Rivyo, your customers can ask questions before they buy.
Here are some things you can do.
- Put the reviews in Google Search, where the star rating of the product will also be shown in the search results.
- You can share the reviews on social media if your Shopify store is connected to your Facebook page.
- Has built-in analytics that let you break down reviews and see what you’re doing right and what you’re doing wrong in a big picture.
The monthly cost of the Growth Plan is $29. But you’ll get a lot more than just what’s in the free version.
- Review Carousel is a feature that lets customers see one review at a time by swiping from left to right or right to left.
- With coupons, you can offer discounts to your customers.
- Email Upsells: Send automated emails to customers after they buy something, or make offers and send a mass email to only certain customers.
If these aren’t enough, you can contact Yotpo and the experts there will make a marketing plan that fits your needs.
Stamped.IO is one of the review apps that lets you not only collect reviews but also send product reviews by email.
An in-mail review is like an email survey that the customer answers via email.
This is a great tool for buyers who forgot to leave feedback after making a purchase.
There are both free and paid versions of this Shopify customer review app. There are Basic and Premium plans for the paid ones. The free one gives you:
- You can write up to 50 reviews, and you can also share them on social media sites.
- Customers should be able to weigh in on reviews.
- Review tab on Facebook
With the $15 per month Basic plan, you can get up to 200 different reviews each month. Besides the good things about the free version,
You will also be able to do the following.
- Offer your customers coupons.
- Set up a page for reviews that customers can fill out when they pay.
- Customize email campaigns
If you want to pay $29 per month for the Premium plan, you can.
- Customers should be able to upload photos.
- Use social push to sell more of your products.
- Make forms for customers so that the review works like a survey.
The amount of $15 or $29 a month is not a small amount. If you do a lot of online marketing, you should only get the paid versions. If you are just getting started, the free version is all you need.
Enorm is not a free app, but you can try it for free for 7 days. Like the other review apps, it has four plans, and the cheapest one costs $2.99 a month.
Its main focus is on photo reviews, and customers will be able to post more than one picture of their purchases through the app.
With the $2.99 Basic plan, you can do the following.
- You can review up to 100 products.
- Has room for up to 1,000 different reviews.
- Four different layouts
- One picture for each review
This Shopify customer review app costs $7.99 per month for the Pro Plan.
You’ll get everything in the Basic plan plus reviews for up to 300 products on your site, for a total of 3,000 reviews. With this plan, you can download the data into a spreadsheet that will help you look at how customers feel about your business.
You can sign up for the Premium plan for $11.99 per month.
If you have 600 items in your store, this works great.
You can send an email request for review, and you can send up to 150 emails in a month. The plan also lets you send a lot of emails at once, so you don’t have to ask each customer individually.
The Enterprise is the name of the last plan. It costs $16.99 a month, and it works best in stores where you can buy as many items as you want.
This plan is the same as the Premium plan, except you can get reviews for more than 600 products.
LOOX Reviews of Photos
Like Enorm, LOOX is mostly about reviewing photos. It lets customers upload photos of their purchases, which are much more credible than the photos on your site.
If your product is as good as it looks in the pictures, you don’t have to worry about a customer making a meme about the difference between what they expected and what they got.
The app doesn’t cost anything, but you can try it out for free for 14 days. Given that time frame, you should only use it if you have time to integrate and test it.
If you don’t, you’ll be charged even if you haven’t fully set it up the way you want.
The app comes with four plans. All fees are billed every month. The only important difference is how many email review requests you can send out each month.
- Basic: $9.99 / 100 emails
- Advanced: 24.99 dollars for 500 emails
- Pro: $49.99 / 1,500 emails
- Enterprise: $99.99 / 10,000 emails
What do you get for your money? Here are the things it has.
- Easy integration: multiple languages available
- You can import reviews and pictures of products from any supplier.
- You can offer a discount to customers who leave reviews. If they leave a photo, you can offer them even more incentives.
- Ability to change the review questions and customize your email campaigns
- You can choose to publish or not publish certain reviews.
- Respond to reviews and posts on social media
- Look at the carousel
This app works best for people who are actively trying to sell things to their customers through email.
This product is not a good choice if you are waiting for customer reviews or if you are not yet making a lot of sales. Read our Loox Review Here to learn more about this app.
The EggViews app is not free. It costs $9 a month, but it’s worth it because it has a Q&A feature built in.
The value of this tech product is that it will automatically ask for a review after a certain number of days since the customer bought it.
As the store owner or admin, it’s up to you to decide how many days should pass before the request is sent.
The default format is to send an email, which makes it easier for customers to leave reviews because they don’t have to go back to your website to find their purchase page.
All a customer has to do is reply to the email, and that reply will show up as a product review on your website.
Here’s a summary of what it has to offer:
- Review photos
- In mail
- Verified buyer badges give buyers a reason to buy again
- With coupons, you can offer discounts to specific customers.
EggViews is best for people who want simple analytics because it has a dashboard that lets you slice and dice review stats.
Judge.me has a free version and a paid version. The paid one costs $15 a month, but it has a lot of extra features that the free one doesn’t have.
You will get the following in the free version:
- Installation support: someone from the developer’s team will help you if you don’t know much about technology or if you’re having trouble integrating.
- You can get as many reviews as you want. There is no limit on how many reviews you can get each month.
- Review carousel is a widget that lets customers look through reviews for the same product. It works best on mobile devices so that customers can see it easily.
- In-mail review: You can ask customers for reviews by sending them an email, and they just have to answer the email.
- You can import reviews from your supplier, and it also works with AliExpress.
So, for $15 a month, what do you get?
If you pay, you can run photo reviews, set up automatic reminders for your customers, get Facebook push, coupons, and Q&A.
KudoBuzz is a great app that you can use to share your product reviews on social media.
You can easily connect it to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Yelp, among other social media sites, and push your reviews to them.
Kudobuzz has three different plans, with the most expensive one costing $40 per month and the other two costing $20 per month.
If you get the free app, you’ll only get a few social media reviews and channels, plus a request for a review after you’ve paid for it.
If you want more, you’ll have to pay for the paid versions. If you do, you will get:
- free social media channels
Before you make a choice, think carefully about what part of the review you want to drive.
As the admin or owner of the store, you must first have a plan for how you want to take it to the next level. If you don’t, you might be paying a monthly fee for a service you’ll never use.
Shopify’s review app is the best one to use if you are just starting out with drop shipping. If that isn’t enough, choose the free one.
You should only start paying for a service if your store is already making money and if using customer reviews to drive sales and traffic is part of your overall marketing plan. The next step is to add an app to your store that lets you send clean invoices to your customers.