Entrepreneurs, marketers, and eCommerce pros like you are paying more and more attention to TikTok. TikTok is changing how people use social media. The question, “Can you make money on TikTok?” makes sense. You can, for sure.
It’s getting more and more common to sell things on TikTok. Now that accounts for Shopify and TikTok have been linked, it’s even more clear. TikTok is an advertising tool for Shopify that boosts dropshipping sales by getting people excited.
What Is TikTok
You may have seen or heard about TikTok videos on the internet. TikTok is a social network where people can share short, funny videos. Because of this, there are a lot of shares of TikTok videos on other social networks like Facebook, Instagram, and Reddit.
Because of this sharing, TikTok’s popularity grows a lot, especially among teenagers. GlobalWebIndex 2019 says that between 16 and 24 years old, 41% of TikTok users are. If you want to reach teens, TikTok could be a good place to do that.
Shopify Dropshipping & TikTok
Dropshipping e-commerce is made up of three parts: an online store, a supplier, and marketing. For an online business, you need these three things. You can do this with the help of Shopify and TikTok.
Shopify might not be strange to you. When you google “store builder,” it’s the first thing that comes up. Shopify is without a doubt the largest company that helps people make online stores. Because of this, many people choose Shopify to start their online stores.
eCommerce businesses can get help from the Shopify app store. It consists of several SaaS platforms. Shopify users can add different features to their stores by using these platforms.
TikTok is one of these apps. This social network and marketing tool makes it easy and quick for dropshipping store owners to create ad campaigns. Users of the TikTok app and Shopify merchants no longer have a wall between them.
Shopify TikTok dropshipping is a business model where a shop is built on Shopify and money can be made on TikTok.
Using TikTok Ads for Advertisment
TikTok Ads are a type of advertising that works a lot like Facebook Ads. The main difference between them is that they are promoted on TikTok!
TikTok’s user experience is similar to that of Facebook. It’s easy to make ads, make insight reports, and manage your campaigns.
Five types of ads can be used by businesses to advertise on TikTok:
- In-feed ads: As users scroll down the “for you” page, these ads will pop up between user videos. TikTok’s in-feed ads look a lot like the ones on Instagram Stories.
- Brand takeover: If you open TikTok and see an ad right away, this is a Brand Takeover ad. As soon as the people you want to reach open the app, you can show them a full-screen video. TikTok makes sure that users only see one Brand Takeover ad per day. This makes these ads very expensive.
- TopView: TikTok’s In-Feed ads are pretty much just updated versions of TopView ads. A TopView ad is a full-screen, sound-enabled video that shows up at the top of the “for you” page on TikTok.
- As part of the Branded Hashtag Challenge, companies make their own hashtags, and TikTok shows them to their target audience. Branded Hashtag Challenge campaigns usually cost thousands of dollars, so dropshipping stores won’t use this ad very often.
- Branded effects: Last but not least, brands can make their own filters inside of TikTok. Then, users can send these to their friends, giving them a direct way to interact with your brand.
Why Sell TikTok Gear?
Most people think that getting popular on TikTok means making money automatically, but that’s not the case. TikTok doesn’t have a programme for sharing adrevenue like YouTube and Twitch do, which lets users directly make money from their content.
Instead, TikTok has a programme called Creator Fund that pays creators. However, it is much less clear than what you can find on other platforms. The creators have access to a fund that pays them based on views, engagement, and the “authenticity” of the views, based on data from TikTok.
To get money from the fund, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a citizen of France, Germany, Spain, or Italy and live in the US or UK.
- There must be at least 10,000 followers.
- In the last 30 days, 100,000 people must have watched your videos.
- The TikTok Community Guidelines and Terms of Service must be followed.
- Understanding Brand Merch
- Before, only well-known people and businesses had merchandise, but that’s no longer the case. Even if you don’t have many followers, you can still sell things on Tiktok.
There are tote bags, clothes, and frisbees, among other things. It’s important to pick products that your audience will like.
You can make designs based on what you think they will like, or you can make your own. Your brand’s logo should be on items, but that’s not all you can do.
You can use images or quotes that your audience likes on your channel. You can sell more if you have a wide range of designs and products.
How to Make Your Own TikTok Gear
When it comes to making products, you can either hire someone else to do it or do it yourself. You or someone else will also have to take care of shipping.
Use Print on Demand to make merch.
Print-on-demand companies are the easiest way to start making things. You can upload your design, have it printed on the product of your choice, and then have it shipped by using these services.
Because of this, you don’t have to worry about finding blank t-shirts, keeping an inventory, or dealing with shipping.
With print on demand, you can sell these items:
- Mugs and water bottles
- Hats \sHoodies
And so on. Before you can move on, you will need to make art. You can hire someone to do this, or if you have the skills, you can do it yourself. You can find artists in a lot of places who can make designs for you.
Next, you need to pick a company that has services for print-on-demand. There are many free options to choose from. You should order samples for yourself so you can see if they are the right texture and quality. You should order samples of blank products to see what you like best.
You can set a price for each item, and if that price is more than the cost of the printer, you’ll make money. If you sell a printed product for $15 and it cost you $10 to make, you get to keep the $5 difference.
TikTok Merch Selling Guide
How do you get your fans to buy your stuff once it’s on the market? Make sure they’re aware that it’s there. With social media and TikTok countdowns, you can get people excited about a merch drop that’s coming up.
You should also put a link to your shop in your bio on TikTok and other social media sites so that people can find it easily.
Spreadshop lets you sell things on TikTok so that you can reach more people. When you use video platforms like YouTube and TikTok, you get a number of benefits.
One of the biggest benefits is that your audience can see exactly what the product will look like in real life. When people know what to expect from a product, they are more likely to buy it.
You can easily sell your stuff on TikTok by linking your Spreadshop account to your profile. You can add it to your profile if you want to say where that link is in your videos. Instead of having to look through old videos, your followers will always know where to find your products.
Even if you don’t have a big following, you can still start making money with TikTok. All you need is a profile, some active and dedicated followers, and the rules below. After you have these things, you can add some products or merchandise and start making money.
Why it’s a Good Idea to Make Brand Merch
When they sell goods on TikTok, vendors make more money. No matter how big your fan base is, if you sell brand-name items, you can make a little money with very little cost.
This strategy can also help spread the word about a brand. When people wear your goods, people will start to recognise your brand. You get to enjoy free marketing.
If a friend tells someone else about your business, those people are more likely to try it out because they trust the friend who told them about it.
Tik-Tok can also be a great way to sell merchandise and build brand loyalty. When someone gets free stuff, they are more likely to stick with the business.
You can give away free stuff when someone buys something or when they finish a promotional challenge. Customer service makes people feel good about your business and makes them feel like they are important. People will also remember your business if you give them things they use every day, like pens, coffee mugs, and notepads.
By doing these things, your company can make people feel like they are part of a group. As you build relationships with your audience, your group will get stronger.
If a follower sees another follower wearing branded merchandise, they might stop following that person. When people see other people wearing your products, it shows that your brand is worth looking at and could lead to new followers.
All of these things make up your brand’s image. When you make your own products, you get to choose how they look, what they are made of, and what causes you want your brand to stand for.
People will see the stuff you sell as a reflection of your brand, so make sure that whatever you sell makes your company look good.
Putting up ads with TikTok influencers
Influencers on TikTok are almost the same as Instagram influencers when it comes to advertising your goods. The only difference is the platform.
People with a lot of fans on TikTok are called “influencers.” Influencers can get their followers to buy things because they have a lot of followers and a lot of power.
The three steps below show how it works:
- Find and talk to influencers: The first step is to choose an influencer for TikTok. To be successful, you need to choose an influencer who has a lot of followers and is a good fit for your business or product.
- You get a shout-out from an influencer. If you negotiate a price with the influencer and send them your product, they will make a video about it, reviewing it or showing how it works. You want as many of those people’s followers as possible to click on the link and go to your website.
- Sell what you have: As long as everything goes as planned, the influencer’s fans will love your product, and some of them may even buy it. You can tell if working with the influencer was profitable by taking all of the costs away from all of the income.
- TikTok influencers come in all sizes, from small “micro-influencers” with only 5, 10, or 30 followers to the biggest with more than 100 million.
Through TikTok’s partnership with Shopify, Shopify merchants can now reach this market. TikTok is a must-have for marketers because, when it first came out, it was the most downloaded app in the App Store.
With the TikTok channel app, you can control and change the settings of your TikTok campaigns without leaving your Shopify Dashboard. You can also make short videos to show off your products to TikTok users on this panel.
There’s no reason not to use this marketing channel, especially since it’s easy to set up, has a large user base, and gives you a $300 credit.
If you want to sell your products to this market but don’t have an online store yet, Shopify will let you open one for free.