Many people who want to sell things online go to AliExpress as if it were the only place to do so. There are a lot of other sites where you can find thousands of suppliers and millions of products that you can sell on your dropshipping website.
Doba is one of these market places. It’s a marketplace made just for dropshippers that will help you build your online business.
In this Doba review, we’ll look at the different parts of this platform to see if it’s right for you.
In this review, we’ll look closely at Doba, see what it has to offer, and decide if it’s a good place to start an online business.
If you already work with other suppliers, you might want to see if Doba has more to offer than your current marketplace.
What is it?
You can find suppliers through Doba. It has a list of more than 2 million products, all of which are easy to add to your store.
You don’t have to buy a single item because it was made for the dropshipping business model. All you have to do is choose the items you want to sell, put them on your store, and start selling.
Want to learn how to open a shop? To start one in 12 minutes, click here.
When an order comes in from your store, you need to go to the Doba control panel to place it. The Doba supplier will package and ship the order, but not to your house. Instead, it will go to your customer.
The good news is that it’s not just for retail, you can also buy at wholesale prices. But you can’t do that until you become a member and pay a monthly fee. We’ll talk about the prices later.
Doba works with a lot of different website platforms. It also has a lot of products that are appealing to both regular customers and people who run brick-and-mortar businesses like restaurants.
Here are a few examples of the kinds of things you can buy at Doba.
- Things made by cooking and grilling
- Beds and their parts
So many products are available, and they all come from different places. Doba lets you compare prices and choose the one with the best deal, so you can make more money.
Only 13 countries have Doba right now. This review of Doba lists them down below.
- Puerto Rico
- The country of New Zealand
Doba is a place where you can find qualified dropshipping suppliers for your online store. This Doba review will tell you what to expect from the service. You can see if it’s right for your online dropshipping business.
Review of Doba: Main Points
Doba was made for people who want to sell things, so it has a lot of features that you won’t find on most other online marketplaces.
Integration of Doba
You can use this feature to add the Doba system to your store. The Doba app or integration system works with more than 100 platforms, such as Shopify.
These partners are called shopping carts by Doba.
You can choose Doba as your supplier, which means you don’t have to log out of your online store to process orders. Doba will be a part of your control panel, so you’ll only have to go to one place to handle all of your orders.
- Big Business
- Click “Cart”
- Pinnacle Cart
Search and Filtering
It can be hard to find a product that you want to sell sometimes. When you look through millions of products from thousands of suppliers, this happens a lot.
It can waste your time, and it can take you days to figure out which products are the best.
You can use Doba’s advanced search and filtering system to find what you want. You can sort by price, shipping method, and whether or not a product is available.
This means that if you want to find a product in a certain price range, the Doba system will only show you results that match the filters you set.
Doba Risk Alerts
Doba has a feature called Risk Alert that will let you know if a product from your store looks like it might be dangerous.
Most of the time, you will be told if one of the products you chose is low on stock or no longer available. With this feature, you won’t have to worry about getting your money back. As a seller, you may get an order for a product that is no longer available.
If this happens, you have to apologize to the customer, give them a refund, and then they have to wait for the money to show up in their bank account. Most refunds can take up to 30 days.
This is a bad experience for the customer, and you can stop it from happening if you get a risk alert that your product is out of stock.
Doba Custom Data Exporting
This is a very important feature for sellers on Amazon, eBay, Volusion, Magento, and other platforms. People who sell on these sites usually keep a spreadsheet that they fill out by hand.
In a manual spreadsheet, you have to type in the name of the product, where it is listed, the price you are buying it for, the price you are selling it for, and more.
This is a waste of time or money if you pay someone else to do it.
With Doba, all you have to do to get these files is click a button. Change what needs to be changed, and then re-upload the files to your store to show the changes.
But not all memberships have access to the custom data reporting. You can only get them at higher levels, starting with the Advanced Plan.
Curated lists of products
Some sellers don’t have time to look for things to sell. Doba helps these busy people by giving them a list of products they can sell in certain niches.
Not only are the products ready, but the Doba support team also has experts who can help you create your own product listings with suggested prices. These are prices that have been carefully researched, are in style right now, and are all related to your business.
Doba makes sure that sellers who use their website are safe and well-informed. The supplier scorecard is one way that this is done. In this section, you’ll find important numbers that show how well a supplier is doing. In this review of Doba, we’ll talk about some of these.
Here are some examples.
- Item Count: This shows how many products are available and how many different products a supplier has listed on the site.
- Shipping Options: This section tells you which shipping companies the seller uses, such as DHL, FedEx, USPS, and others.
- Processing Time: This tells you how long a supplier looks for your product. This also shows how long it takes to package up the goods.
- Shipping Time: Find out how long it takes to get your products to the door of your customers in different countries.
- Fulfillment: This one compares the number of times an item was shipped by a supplier to the number of orders. If a seller has a low fulfillment rate, it means that customers are likely to get their money back because the product they ordered is not available.
- Return Policies: Read this section to find out if the seller gives refunds and under what circumstances. This part is important because you will also tell your customers the same thing.
- Product Feed: This is a way to figure out how often a supplier adds new products.
You can decide if you still want to do business with this supplier after you see these scores. Common sense will tell you that a supplier with long shipping times and long handling times will hurt your business, not help it succeed.
What I Have
This part of the Doba system lets you sort through all the products you have chosen. With this, you can choose which ones go to Amazon, which ones go to eBay, and which ones go to Shopify. If you want, you can put all of your products on all of the platforms where you want to sell them.
To upload the products, all you have to do is check some boxes and click some buttons. Here is also where you can get rid of products you no longer want to sell.
You can change the prices of products, see how many are in stock, and find out if the products have been updated and when.
Review of Doba: Compare Prices
Doba costs money.
There is a 14-day free trial, but after that you have to start paying the monthly fee.
Here’s a list of the different packages and what they come with. Read more of this Doba review to find out how much it will cost.
Standard, at $29 a month
Here are the pros and cons of choosing this package.
For each order you make on Doba’s marketplace, you will have to pay a $0.99 transaction fee. No matter how much the item costs, you will have to pay this fee. This means you have to add this fee to the price of the product.
Get to the product
You will be able to see and buy from all of the site’s products and sellers. For $29 a month, you can choose from millions of listings for products and hundreds of suppliers who can help your business grow.
Q & A
This is a forum where you can ask questions and get answers from other Doba members. You can ask other dropshippers who have more experience than you do for tips and ways to do things.
Doba Deals are weekly emails that members get that offer discounts on a wide variety of products. Take advantage of this by buying them during the sale time to make more money.
Help with emails
As a Basic Plan member, you can only get help through email. Members in the higher tiers are the only ones who can get help through live chat and the phone.
Paid back at $69 a month
With the Advanced Plan, you get everything that comes with the Basic Plan, plus a few extra features.
eBay Data Export
If you want to sell something on eBay, this is a useful feature. If you want to change the prices of a lot of your eBay items at once, this will make it easier for you. You will be able to add your PayPal account and change the prices after you download a spreadsheet file.
When you’re done, the eBay store will automatically show the changes you made. This is only possible with the Doba products you sell on eBay.
Elite Seller Report
An Elite Seller report is a list of products that can help you decide what to do. As an advanced user, Doba will send you a report of the 30 best-selling items in the Doba marketplace.
With this report, you can think carefully about whether or not you want to sell these items in your store.
This customer service is great because you don’t have to wait for a reply to your email. Since the chat is live, you will talk to a real agent who can understand your problems and give you the answers you need.
At $249 a month for PRO
This kind of plan is best for big businesses that need more power from the Doba system.
Besides the features and benefits of the first two plans, you will also get:
Amazon Data Export
Like with eBay, you can download your product files from your Amazon store, edit the listings in a spreadsheet, and then re-upload them to Amazon to reflect the changes.
You can send money to Doba using the Doba prepay method of payment. Once the money is there, your balance will show it. Once you buy something from a supplier, you don’t have to use a credit card anymore, and the cost of the purchase will come out of your Doba balance.
If you don’t have a credit card, Prepay is a great way to get around that. You can use a check or a bank transfer to send money to Doba.
Help by phone
The phone number for Doba’s customer service is only available to PRO members. Here, you can ask how to use the site or get help if you’re having trouble with your account. You don’t have to wait like you do in chat for people to type back. This will save you time and get you better answers.
Doba Enterprise Prices Made to Order
This is a plan that works best for big businesses. Depending on what you need, the price of this plan will change, but you will get high-quality technical and customer support. I wasn’t going to include this in my review of Doba. I think it’s important that I do, though.
Here are a few things about this plan.
- API: stands for “Application Programming Interface,” which is what an API is. This is what web developers use to combine features from different websites. It basically lets your website talk to the Doba system. Big companies that work together should use this the most.
- Shared FTP: FTP stands for file transfer protocol. This is the process of sharing your website’s files with another website or server. It lets computers talk to each other and work as if they were one.
- Discount On The Order Fee. As an Enterprise member, you’ll pay less than $0.99 per purchase, which can save you money if you sell a lot.
- You can export as many reports as you want with the Enterprise plan. With the other plans, you can only export a certain number of reports.
- Dedicated Manager: Someone from the Doba team will be there to help you with the things you need to do to make sure your store runs smoothly. This manager will know how to solve the different technical problems you may have and will work with other Doba employees to do so.
What are the pros and cons of Doba?
Here are the pros and cons of Doba to help you decide.
- There are millions of products and thousands of sellers on the site.
- You can import data from other platforms and automatically make the changes.
- Made for dropshipping; all suppliers ship on retail
- The supplier scorecard lets you make important business decisions based on real data. You no longer have to guess if the supplier will do a good job or not.
- Different sellers use different shipping options, which gives you more freedom.
- Doba has different pricing plans so you can choose the features that are right for the size of your business. The basic plan has everything you need to start selling online.
- Many platforms can use the system.
- There is a monthly fee, so it’s not a good choice for people who are just getting started selling online and don’t have much money.
- You have to pay $0.99 per transaction. This means that on top of the monthly fee you pay, Doba also makes money from the things you sell.
- Customer support not equal. If you’re a paying member, you should be able to use all customer support channels.
- Doba has a long list of sellers who have done well, which is a great thing.
Should you use Doba?
Doba is a great online marketplace for people who want to sell physical goods. All of its features make selling easy, and all you need to get started is $29 per month.
The 14-day free trial is a great way to try out the system before you decide to pay for it. The people who run the site offer support, so you can ask questions at any time. If you don’t understand something, you can also ask other users for help.
This Doba review should have helped you see that this is a strong dropshipping platform.