Shopify is a top-rated e-commerce platform that has everything a business needs to sell online. Then, great visual content is a must-have for online businesses, and those who use it well get the most out of it.
Shopify’s requirements for images are pretty easy to understand. And once you know the best ways to use Shopify photo sizes, you’ll be able to build a business that looks good and gives your customers a good time. So, in this post, we’ll talk about the right sizes for all kinds of photos in a Shopify store.
Exactly What Is Image Enhancement
The following aspects of your Shopify store will need some polishing:
- Internet search engine optimization
- Recommended Measurements for images in Shopify
- The Time It Takes For A Page To Load
Shopify image optimization entails reducing the file size of your product photos to speed up page loads and adding alt text and titles to help search engines understand what they are looking at. Changing this is something you can do on your own time, or you can hire an online image editing service to do for you.
Why You Should Optimize Your Shopify Product Images
You clearly invested a lot of time into perfecting the photos you’ve chosen to represent your products. You obviously put in extra effort and cash to edit the photos of your wares so that they stand out from the crowd. Here are a few explanations for why you need to pay special attention to Shopify image sizes and image optimization:
Images optimised for viewing across all devices without blurriness or stretching significantly improve the user experience by allowing online shoppers to more accurately perceive products, understand specifications, and get a virtual look and feel. The result is a more satisfying shopping experience for them.
Reduce the time it takes for web pages to load by optimising the size of their images. Regardless of how many pictures you use, they will all look the same. To keep customers from leaving, make sure your site is fully loaded in under three seconds. If you need to speed up your website, you could look at and implement some of the other recommendations for optimising Shopify shop performance.
Boosting page load times through image optimization is a fantastic side effect of SEO and will help your overall rankings. Search engines will give your site a higher ranking if they see indications that it has the information those users are looking for.
After discussing why it is so important to pay attention to Shopify picture sizes and image optimization, let’s dive into the specifics of how to optimise your Shopify product images sizes.
Common Image Sizes for Shopify
Based on our experience working with many Shopify professionals and optimising photos for thousands of merchants, here is a list of the best Shopify picture sizes to use. These cover a wide range of picture positions and purposes in your online store.
How to get the best sizes for your Shopify product pictures
This is a quick summary of what you need to know about the sizes of Shopify product images. If you want more information, keep reading to learn more about how to make your Shopify store the best it can be.
Learn what Shopify says about general product image specs.
An important part of the e-commerce platform Shopify is the size of the product photo. Customers need to be able to get a closer look at photos, so they need to be big enough. Not only that, but you don’t want to slow down the Shopify page’s load time by uploading an image that doesn’t meet Shopify’s image requirements.
Understand What Shopify Says About General Product Image Specifics – Dropship Corporation
This e-commerce platform doesn’t have a set standard for the best size for Shopify sizes. Users can submit images with a maximum size of 20 MB and a resolution of 4472 4472 pixels.
On the other hand, Shopify is said to have a minimum picture size of 800 x 800 pixels. Anything less than that could make it hard for the user to zoom in on photos of products, which would make their experience worse.
Advice on the Best Product Image Sizes for Shopify
When asked about square photos of products, the designers and experts at Shopify suggested using 2048 x 2048 pixels. They say that this is the best Shopify image size because it gives merchants a better balance between image quality and how quickly the site loads.
Dropship Corporation Suggestions for the Best Shopify Product Image Sizes
72dpi is recommended as the best resolution for photos on Shopify. Yes, you can use photos with a lower resolution, but keep in mind that this could hurt the quality of your product images. With 93 percent of customers saying that picture quality is the most important thing when making a decision, you don’t want to hurt your conversions by sending in a low-quality image.
Optimize the ratio for each type of image on your Shopify store.
Aside from the main product image, Shopify gives you other ways to use images to show off your brand to customers. You can use the same rules we talked about above. But we think it’s best to take care of Shopify’s many features one at a time.
Let’s look at the 5 most common types of Shopify photos and how big they are:
- The e-commerce company doesn’t have a recommended image size for Shopify collections. You can use any size up to 4472 pixels by 4472 pixels. But it is suggested that the photos stay around 2048 pixels by 2048 pixels. The best pictures of products are square because they look the best when you zoom in and out.
- Shopify slideshow image size: The recommended measurements for the slideshow area are 1200 pixels wide by 2000 pixels high by 400 pixels wide by 600 pixels high. When you look at the same thing on a mobile device, keep in mind that it will automatically crop and re-adjust. Since mobile devices cut off the top, bottom, and left and right sides of photos, it’s best to put them in the middle.
- Shopify says that the best header image sizes are between 100 and 250 pixels. But for the best visibility, it’s best to use photos that are no taller than 120 pixels.
- Shopify banner image size: When you upload an image for the Shopify banner, it’s important to think about the theme you’re using. Because each Shopify theme has its own set of measurements, this is the case. Shopify doesn’t decide how big a mobile banner should be. Instead, it mostly depends on the theme you choose. To fix this problem, you should also enter a customization code to make sure that your picture works on both mobile and desktop.
- Size of Shopify logo: Shopify says that a logo should be no bigger than 450 x 250 pixels. The sidebar has a width of 250 pixels, so your Shopify store’s logo shouldn’t be bigger than that. It doesn’t have to be the exact size, but make sure it doesn’t go over the limit.
Read more about how to make the Shopify thank-you page work better and look better.
Choose the right file type for your pictures.
Before you start optimising your product images, let’s take a look at the most common image file types used in product photography. We’ll also talk about what each one has to offer so that you can make your own choice.
- JPG/JPEG is one of the most common types of picture files. Due to its small file size and wide colour range, it is often used on many different systems and tools. Its simple compression also lets you find a good balance between the size of the file and the quality of the image. Shopify recommends using the JPG file format for product images because it is high quality and doesn’t take up much space.
- PNG: PNG is another image format that Shopify users like. It’s popular because it lets you reduce the size of files without lowering the quality of the images. It also encourages openness, which gives designers and business owners more control. The only problem with this image format is that, since it uses lossless compression, the file sizes may be quite large.
- The GIF is: The Shopify image format shrinks product pictures to only 256 colours by compressing and reducing them. This makes the file size very small. Retailers who want to add animation to their store pages often use this style. It’s also a format that most browsers can read, so everyone will be able to see the GIFs.
- TIFF: TIFF is another picture format that can be used in Shopify stores. It is a lossless compression format. It’s easy for store owners and marketers to play around with the photos and change them for campaigns because there are a lot of editing and online tools that make it possible. It has a screen with a high resolution and lets you store a lot of photos and pages in one file. But the size of this file is often quite large.
- BMP: BMP is a popular format for pictures in Windows. It can compress data and work on different platforms at the same time. Since the format doesn’t compress the photos, they look great. On the other hand, the file sizes are the largest. So, if you don’t have a Shopify picture size optimizer, you should use one of the other image formats.
Even though this isn’t the only thing that affects sales on Shopify, it is without a doubt the most important.
So, use the above tips to optimise the sizes of your Shopify product images and give your online visitors a smooth and appealing browsing experience. Read Dropship Corporation Blog for more information and tips on how to improve your online stores.