Freewebstore is a way to make a website. Its best feature is that you can build a store for free, which sets it apart from other sites. This is not a trial version, though. You can open and run an online store for free, and you don’t even need a credit card to get started.
With Freewebstore, you can set up an online store with a domain name, secure socket layer (SSL) hosting, and a shopping cart that can handle payments from your customers.
It has been around since 2007, so it’s not really new to the e-commerce world. Over the years, it has gotten more than 600,000 users and an Excellent rating on Trust Pilot, a website where people can post their opinions about a product.
Here, we’ll look at what it can do and how you can start building an online store from scratch without spending any money.
How things work
If you use this platform to build an online store, you’ll get many of the same benefits and features as paid platforms like Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, Big Commerce, and more.
Here are the most important parts of your online business that will help you get started.
- Domain Name: If the name you want for your website is available, you can choose it. This is important so that your website has the brand name of your store.
- Hosting: Most web builders require you to pay for web hosting every month. Hosting costs an average of $3 per month. Here, hosting is free, and Freewebstore stores all the information about your website on its servers.
- Shopping Cart: You no longer have to add in another plugin to be able to take payments with a shopping cart. Here, the shopping cart is part of the service, and your customers can put items in it and then go to checkout.
- Abandoned Cart Recovery: is a feature that lets you contact your customers and remind them about shopping carts they have left behind. It’s a great way to boost sales and persuade customers to keep buying.
- Payment Options: There are different ways to pay, so you can choose how you want to be paid or how you want your customers to check out. You can use PayPal, Stripe, and a lot of other payment methods.
- SEO: Search engine optimization, or SEO, is built into the system. You can add meta tags, meta descriptions, and change the titles of your product URLs to make it easier for search engines like Google, Yahoo!, and Bing to find your website and index its contents.
- Shipping Options: You can set up regions where you’ll ship and price ranges for how much it will cost to ship.
- Templates: There are more than 40 different designs to choose from, and you can pick the one that fits your online store’s category the best.
- Store Management: There is an easy-to-use backend management system where you can upload your products, add descriptions, change the prices, and add options like colors, sizes, and more.
Parts of the design
You will have access to hundreds of designs in addition to the 40+ themes. You can choose anything from a simple two-color website to a very complicated one with lots of pictures. You can even save these designs so you can use them whenever you want to change the look of your store.
You get 13 benefits from the design features, some of which are:
- Mobile-Ready: If a customer visits your site from a mobile device, Freewebstore will change it into a version that works well on a mobile device. Your customers will find it easier to get around your store, which will make them less likely to leave.
- Auto GFX: means that graphics will automatically show up on your website to show off products that are on sale or that your customers like.
- Image Editor: lets you crop and add designs to your product photos to make them more interesting and stand out.
- Slide Show: Your website’s home page can have a series of slides that show different banners.
- Switch Designs: lets you change the look of your web store with just one click.
- Theme Editor: If you choose a theme and want to change some parts of it, you can use the theme editor to do so. For example, you can edit and get rid of a footer if you don’t want it.
- New Designs: Access new designs as they are added to Freewebstore’s collection.
- Instagram Galleries: You can add your Instagram page to your online store so that customers can look through your posts.
- Google Maps: If you have a storefront, you can add it to a section of your website so that customers can find you easily.
- Logos And Banners: You can make your own logos and banners to put on your site. Use the banners to market your business.
- Social Media Plugins: With social media plugins, you can add and link your Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn accounts so that you can share your products online.
- Make Pages: Make pages with information about your business, like your return and shipping policies, your “About Us” page, or your “Contact Us” page.
- Design Library: Save seasonal themes so you can use them when the time is right. For example, save summer themes so that you can change the look of your website every summer.
With Freewebstore, you can use up to 21 features to help you run your store. For example, if customers buy in bulk, you can find ways to cut costs.
Here are some of the most important parts of being a good manager:
- Age Verification: If your product is sensitive, you can set up a system that will ask the customer how old they are. He can’t get on your site if he’s too young.
- Low Stock Alerts: If your products are running low on stock, the system will let you know.
- Related Products: Customers will see items that are often bought together. This is a way to get them to buy more items.
- Access From Anywhere: The store’s admin page doesn’t care where you are, so you can run it from anywhere in the world.
- Product Images: You can add multiple images to each product, so your customers can see the back, front, seams, side, and other angles of what you’re selling.
- Bulk Buying: If your customers want to buy a lot of things, you can automatically give them a discount.
- Product Options: There are different sizes and colors you can add to each product. If you sell clothes or shoes, this will help you the most.
- Grouping Products Together: You can make categories or collections to make shopping easier for your customers. So, if you want to make a group for women’s jeans, you can put all of them in that group. When the customer clicks on it, she won’t see shirts or blouses, just jeans for women.
- Vacation Mode: If you’re going to be out of town, you can use this setting to let people know that you won’t be able to take orders while you’re gone. You can decide when you will return. Orders won’t be taken until you come back.
- PDF Invoicing: lets you send an invoice to a customer later if you don’t want to charge them right away. You can do this by adding your own logo to standard PDF invoice templates.
- Emails About Orders: With this feature, you can send emails to your customers after they place an order. This is a confirmation email that will help you prove that the sale wasn’t a scam. This can help you manage chargebacks and cut down on them.
- Order Dispatch: This is another email that will be sent to your customers once the order is being processed or shipped. They can be sure that their order is on its way.
- Order Tracking: If you have a tracking number, shoppers will get it. You can type this by hand and send it to them after the order has been sent. So, they can go to the UPS or FedEx website to find out where the package is.
- Easy To Use: The Freewebstore is easy to use because it is based on a browser. You don’t have to download any software to make a store. Everything just plugs in and works.
- Special Offer: If you are running a sale, you can use this feature to set up the offer and let your customers use coupons and discounts.
Features of Marketing
Marketing is a key part of any business, especially ones that are run online. You need to be able to get in touch with people and tell them about what you’re selling. You can use the marketing tools on Freewebstore to get more people to buy from you.
Some of them are:
- Product Search: Your store has a search box where people can type in keywords to make it easier for them to find what they want. To make this work, you need to know how keywords work and put those keywords in the titles of your products.
- Store Blog: You can post regular blog entries to tell your customers about things that will help them. This can also help you optimize your website for keywords and improve your SEO campaign.
- Language Packs: let you add more than one language to your store, which is great if you want to sell in more than one country.
- Facebook Store: You can connect your store to your Facebook Shop. Your Facebook shop will now show all the products you have on your store, which makes it easier to get sales from Facebook.
- Coupons: Make coupons and discounts and give them to all customers or just to those who have been loyal.
- Messages: Email lets you stay in touch with your customers all the time. You can send them news and newsletters about what’s going on. Use this in your advertising or to get them to come back.
You can also use Amazon ads, Bing ads, Shopzilla, Price Grabber, the Find, and many other websites to market your online store.
The Shopping Cart Has
The shopping cart and the page where you pay are both important parts of a good shopping cart experience. There are ten features in Freewbstore that you can use to make sure that your customer is safe and that the sale goes smoothly.
- SSL 256-bit: is a top-of-the-line security technology that encrypts all information that comes and goes from your website to keep it safe.
- Simple Checkout: Checkout is easy, and your customers don’t have to fill out long forms to finish.
- Payment Gateways: Freewebstore lets you charge money through more than 20 different payment processors. You will get paid through the payment gateway you choose. If you chose PayPal, your customers would pay through PayPal, and the money would be sent to your PayPal account.
- Major Cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and other major credit cards are all accepted.
- Shipping Quote: If you’re not sure how much to charge for shipping, the platform uses FedEx and UPS to give your customer a real-time estimate of how much the shipping will cost.
- Offline Payments: If a customer doesn’t want to buy online, you can still take their money. For example, if your friend at a party wants to buy something, you can take his money in cash, a bank transfer, or another way and then give him the item.
Reporting and Analysing
If you own a business, you need to know how to read the numbers. You can see a lot of statistics with Freewebstore’s reporting tool. You can use these numbers to help you decide how to run your business better.
You can look at reports like the ones below:
- Visitors: You can keep track of how many people come to your site each week, day, or month.
- Popular Products: You can see how many people have looked at a page and which products are the most popular. You can use this to find out if the most-viewed product also sells a lot. If not, you might want to think about changing your prices.
- Website Referrer: If you have an affiliate marketing program or an ad, you can see where the visitors are coming from and decide if you need to boost an ad on that website or change your marketing strategy.
It seems a little strange that this is free. Yes, you can have a store that works and is free for life.
The paid apps are how Freewebstore makes money. If you want your store to have more bells and whistles, you have to buy apps that can make it look better. Apps that can help you make better marketing campaigns also cost money.
Freewebstore is every business owner’s dream if they want to start an online business. But there are limits to the service, like how many products you can upload.
Since it’s free, this makes sense. Overall, Freewebstore is best for people who are just starting out with an online business. It’s great for people who have an idea for a business but don’t know if it will work.
If you need a higher level of service, you can use its other product, Ridge, to get a paid store. This store builder is best for businesses with a lot of customers and a lot of sales.