After you set up your Shopify store, the next step is to find something to sell. You might want to think about POD, which stands for “print on demand.”
We will only talk about the best Shopify print on demand apps in this article. With a business model called “print on demand,” you don’t have to order a lot of printed materials at once.
Before they will take your order, most custom printers have a minimum number of orders, like 100 t-shirts.
Even if you only need one t-shirt, many companies today offer a POD service.
You can order more than just t-shirts from these companies. You can also order posters, cups, mugs, pens, and just about anything else that can be printed on.
The good news is that you can choose from a lot of Shopify POD apps.
Installing these apps is all you need to do to sell the items in your Shopify store. When a customer places an order, you fill it in the app, and the merchant handles shipping to the customer.
The best print-on-demand apps for Shopify
In this review of Shopify’s print-on-demand apps, we’ll only look at the best ones.
Drop shippers can use Printify, which is one of the free POD apps for Shopify that they can use. There are only two options: the free plan and the Premium plan. The monthly cost of the Premium plan is $29.
You can make your own design with Printify. This is great for people whose customers want unique products or prints with their names on them.
With Printify, you have access to a wide range of products, affordable prices, a mock-up generator, and a large number of printing partners all over the world.
Here are the services that each plan offers:
- The app is free, and you can use it in up to three stores and make as many designs as you want. You can use the app’s mock-up generator, which shows a sample of the product with the print. You will also get customer service help around the clock.
- Premium: This version lets you use the app on up to ten stores, and it’s best for business owners who run more than one print-on-demand brand. The value of the Premium plan is that you can get a discount of up to 20% on all products.
After installing, all you have to do is open the app, choose a product like a cup or a shirt, upload your design to the mock-up generator, and then fill the order.
You also need to choose a company that will print and sell your items. If you live in the U.S., choose a U.S.-based provider to save money on shipping costs.
Printify is easy to use, and it works with other apps like WooCommerce and Etsy.
Printful is a free print-on-demand app for Shopify that you can use if you’re just getting started with your print-on-demand business. There is no cost to set up the app, and it is also free to use.
Embroidery is what Printful does best. The company will take care of the stock, shipping, and making of your shirt with your own design.
The company sells more than just T-shirts. They also sell leggings, swimwear, posters, backpacks, hats, and many other things.
Basically, all you need to do is sell these blank items and ask your customers to send you their designs. You could also design your own and sell them.
Here are a few reasons why you should use the Printful app:
- You can set your own prices for your products.
- Logistics: Printful does business in Europe, Mexico, California, and North Carolina. They’ll handle the shipping.
- Fast shipping: It takes an average of three business days to ship.
- Free design: If you don’t have your own designs, you can use the ones in the app. You can choose from dozens of templates; all you have to do is change them and add your customer’s text or logo.
- Customers are involved—in your store, they can design their own products.
- Discounts: If you order product samples, you’ll get 20% off. There are some places where these products can be sent for free.
Printful is perfect for people who want their customers to feel like they are part of the design process.
It’s also best for people who are just starting out in the print-on-demand business and aren’t ready to pay for monthly subscriptions.
Pixels is free, but if you want more services, you will have to pay for them. It has been around since 2006 and is one of the best print-on-demand apps out there.
Pixels’ value comes from the fact that it has so many products and is so big.
It is the biggest company in its field in the world, and it has worked with Vogue, Marvel, National Geographic, DC Comics, and many other international brands.
As of now, the company sells hundreds of different kinds of products. You only need to make these products, put them on your store, and sell them.
Canvas prints, posters, phone cases, beach towels, yoga mats, coffee mugs, and so much more are all examples of these.
Here are some more reasons why you should choose Pixel and put it in your store:
Automatic order fulfillment means that the company will get the order as soon as your customer finishes the order in your store.
- Fast shipping: Pixel prints orders in 2 to 3 business days and sends them directly to the customer. As the seller, you’ll also get a message when the order has been packed and sent.
- The app is easy to use. You can upload images and then see the final mock-up of the product before you put it on your store.
- Pixel has factories in more than 15 different places around the world. This means that if your customer is in Canada, Pixel will make the order from there, making it cheaper and faster to ship. It has offices in the United States, Europe, Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. It will also save you money on taxes that are paid across borders.
Pixels is a great option for business owners who want to design their own products. It’s a real drop-shipping company because it makes products with your brand name and handles shipping and logistics.
TeeLaunch is in more than 93,000 Shopify stores, which makes it a successful and profitable print-on-demand business.
The best apps are ones that work like TeeLaunch, which lets you customize a huge number of products.
The app is free, and you’ll only have to pay for something else if you want to use it.
If you get this app, you can customize and sell the following items:
- Luggage Tags
- Phone sleeves
- Shirts that come in many different styles, such as hoodies, baby clothes, swimwear, and much more.
- Necklaces, bracelets, and other kinds of jewelry
- Blankets, beach towels, pillows, shower curtains, and a lot more
When you use cheap Shopify POD apps like this one, you can do the following:
- Manual order: You can use the app in other stores, and you can connect it to Etsy.
- Automated fulfillment means that the company will print and ship your design. The company does business all over the world, which will cut down on shipping time and tax costs.
- TeeLaunch doesn’t charge you anything up front. You only pay when you get paid. You are not required to order the items. You need to make mockups and put them in your store.
This app is great for sellers who want to list a lot of items.
The only problem is that it takes a lot of time to design your own products, so it’s best to focus on just a few at a time. For example, you have to come up with 20 designs for t-shirts before you can move on to bags and pillows.
The CustomCat app is free. The thing that makes the company valuable is that it has different kinds of prints.
Here, you can choose between direct-to-garment printing, embroidery, and dye sublimation. The company sells more than 550 items, like shirts, hats, mugs, and a lot more.
Here are some good reasons to use CustomCat:
- Automatic Notifications: You’ll get emails with information about how to track your shipping.
- Product Variety: There are more than 550 products to choose from, so no matter what niche you work in, you can find something here.
- Personalization: Your customers can make changes to the products they buy from you. They can add text to any of the designs you have for the products you have in your store.
If you want more types of services, you can switch to the paid subscription, which costs $30 per month.
Here’s what makes the paid version different from the free one:
- Free: Here, you can buy everything, but it will cost you more than if you were a paying member. For example, a T-shirt will cost you $8 each, but if you sign up for a subscription, you’ll only pay $6 for the same shirt.
- CustomCat costs $30 per month and gives you all the benefits of the free app plus cheaper goods.
If you already sell a lot of things each month, the paid membership is great.
If you get 100 orders a month, it’s better to pay the $30 fee and pay $600 instead of $800 for the shirts.
The app Printy6 is free. There are no other versions, and you don’t have to pay a monthly fee to get the full benefits of the service.
Printy6 is popular because it is easy to use and lets you customize different kinds of products before you put them in your online store.
The company also ships all over the world, and you don’t have to buy a sample to design and sell a shirt.
Here are some of the good things about using the Snaprinting app:
- Multiple products: You can sell anything from canvas shoes and bedding sets to pillows, wallets, shirts, wall art, and watches with custom designs.
- Fast production: on average, it takes between three and seven days to turn around an order. It could take anywhere from 5 to 17 days to ship. Shipping takes a while, but it’s free and available all over the world.
- Easy to use—just download the app and start making things from the catalog.
- It’s easy to set up because the app was made for Shopify and works with all Shopify themes. The interface for managing the back end is easy to use.
- Sale notification: If you make a sale and the order has already been shipped, Snaprinting will let you know, so you can tell your customers what to expect. This notice has that tracking number as well.
This app is best for people who want to buy a lot of different things without having to pay a monthly fee. It’s also great for people who don’t know much about technology because the design platform lets you just drag and drop things.
JetPrint is one of the best print-on-demand apps for Shopify because it is free, easy to use, and available all over the world. There are no other plans, and there are no costs that are hard to find.
The company stands out because of its POD, or print on demand, interface.
It’s easy to use, and even if you don’t know how to design, all you have to do to print a picture on any product is drop it.
It also lets you choose from a wide range of products, and the company pays for all shipping costs, not you as the business owner.
Here’s why you should add this app to your Shopify store:
- Product improvement: JetPrint is always making its app’s interface better and adding features that drop shippers will find useful.
- Premium products: The company only sells blank products that are of a high quality.
- Fast production: The company promises that your product will be made in less than four days.
- International shipping: You can sell anywhere in the world, and there is no cost for shipping. About 97% of all shipments come with a tracking number, which lets you know where the product is as it’s being delivered.
- Product variety: You can sell more than just shirts with JetPrint. You can sell a lot of different things, like watches with more than 50 designs, wall clocks, shoes, phone cases, pillow covers, aprons, door mats, bags, and so much more.
When you use JetPrint, there are no costs for design. All you have to do is upload your design, and the company will make the product for free.
You only have to pay for the product itself. The difference between the price you sell it for and how much you paid for it is your profit.
Cheap print-on-demand apps for Shopify like TShirtgang are great for people just starting out with Shopify. This app is free to download and use. You only pay for the things you buy and sell with it.
This app is all about clothes, and you can choose from shirts, hoodies, aprons, one-piece baby suits, v-necks, and so much more.
Since the business has been around since 2005, you can be sure it knows its business.
Here are some good reasons to use the app:
- Integration: If you run more than one store, you can connect it to Etsy, Amazon, eBay, and many other sites.
- Specialized niche: there are a lot of clothes to choose from. Even though it sells other things, like accessories, clothing is its main business. When you use the app, you’ll see how many different kinds of clothes you can choose from. You can sell clothes for men, women, and kids.
- Shipping: The company offers international shipping, so you can choose how you want it done. You can choose between First Class, Expedited, and International First Class.
- Product Generator: As a user, you can use the product generator to upload your design and make changes to it. So, you can see what it will look like before the company makes it.
When you use Tshirtgang, the problem is that shipping is not free. Prices range from $4.95 to $19, depending on where you want to go.
If you want the delivery faster, you have to pay more. Keep in mind that shipping times can also vary, and international shipping can take up to 15 days.
Pillow Profits Fulfillment
Pillow Profits doesn’t cost nothing. It costs $29.99 per month, but you can try it out for 30 days for free. You pay for it because it has more than 10,000 free designs.
You can also choose from a wide range of products, such as bed covers, car seat covers, shoes, hooded blankets, and much more.
Here are some reasons to pay for this app:
- Free shipping: When you buy something from the company, it will be sent to you for free. Shipping is not just for the U.S.; you can ship anywhere in the world for free. But you can only get tracking numbers if you ship items to the US, Canada, Australia, or the UK.
- Automatic fulfillment: The app is built into your store, so when a customer places an order, Pillow Profits also gets the order. The item will be processed and sent out right away by the people who run the company.
- There are more than 10,000 different designs to choose from, and you can put them on any product you want.
- Size satisfaction: If your customer orders the wrong size, Pillow Profits will send a new one at no extra cost.
- Mock-Ups: In the app, you can design the products and get pictures of what they will look like. Then, you can use these pictures to get the word out.
- Flexible order system—you can change a customer’s order’s size and shipping address from the app. You can cancel an order or put it on hold.
People who don’t want to think about what to design should use Pillow Profits. This is good because it takes a long time to design something.
You spend a lot of time making things instead of marketing. With Pillow Profit, all you have to do is pick a design, make a mock-up, and put the product on your store.
Kin Custom is one of the new breed of print-on-demand apps for Shopify. It’s free, and you only pay for the things you sell. The best thing about the company is that it offers free shipping, and you don’t have to spend a certain amount to get it.
Here are some reasons why you should use this app:
- Customizable: You can use your own designs and add your logo to each one. You can do this with the app’s design portal. All you have to do is upload the picture you want to print and choose the product you want it on.
- Design templates: If you don’t want to design your own, Kin Custom lets you choose from items that have already been designed. Just pick from the list of products and add them to your Shopify store.
- Fulfillment: When a customer buys something from your store, you can be sure that Kin Custom will send it out for free.
- Product selection: Kin Custom is proud of the unique items it sells. Kin Customs sells a lot more than just shirts, like bags, wristlets, canvas shoes, and so on. With this many choices, you can fill orders in specific niches.
Kin Custom works best for business owners with new ideas. You can work with the company’s representatives and ask them to add other items of merchandise that they don’t have right now.
Voodoo is an important part of our review of the Shopify print on demand app. Voodoo is different from other PODs in that it focuses on something called 3D printing.
3D printing is a new method of making things. It lets you use a picture to “print” something. With this product, you will stand out from the thousands of other people selling things like coffee mugs and t-shirts.
The best part is that the app is free, and you only pay if you sell something.
Here are some more reasons to use the app:
- Low capital, because the things you sell cost no more than $5 each. But because it’s 3D, customers won’t be able to find it anywhere, so you can put any price you want on it.
- There is no monthly fee, and you don’t have to sign up for anything. You will only pay for orders that Voodoo actually filled.
- Fast delivery: Voodoo says it will fill an order in as little as two days.
- Mock-ups: The app lets you make mock-ups, which you can then put on display in your store. You don’t have to buy the real thing.
People who want to be different will like this product the most. One problem is that you can only sell cookie cutters, wall hooks, and coasters with 3D printing right now.
So, those are the 11 best print-on-demand apps for Shopify. All of them are good options, so it can be hard to choose which one to use.
One important thing to keep in mind is: what niche are you in?
Once you know the answer, check these 11 apps to see if they sell the product you are selling. Test the app, figure out how to use the tools, look at the mock-up’s quality, and then look at the cost, shipping rates, and deadlines.
Also, don’t forget to think about how long it will take.
When you put all of these things next to each other, you can make a well-informed choice about which app or apps are best for your business.
The custom t-shirt market is a great one to get into, and research shows that it is growing. Use these apps with Recart to bring in more money.