Using dropshipping suppliers can save time and money. In dropshipping, you outsource tasks like stocking shelves and fulfilling orders to third-party organisations. Having less stock, less packaging, and less shipping to worry about are all benefits.
The United Kingdom will join the ranks of the “third countries” when it leaves the EU’s VAT area. What this means is that there have been modifications made to how companies handle VAT when importing from the EU. Even though the seller won’t be collecting VAT, the importer still has to fork over that money to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
VAT will be paid in advance at the time of import under the new law passed in the UK, rather than upon delivery. Because of this, international dropshipping suppliers may need to reevaluate their ability to import goods into the UK and pay VAT up front.
The good news is that the new VAT won’t have much of an impact on your dropshipping business if you’re targeting the UK market and your supplier is located in the UK or has a warehouse there.
Is It Worth It to Dropship in the UK?
Yes, dropshipping in the UK can be profitable, especially if your suppliers are in the UK. To have a steady source of customers, you need to raise the rate of customer retention. Customers are more likely to stick with you and trust you if your products are of higher quality and you deliver them faster. Once your store is set up, all you have to do is add new products and make sure your orders are filled correctly.
Dropshipping can be a good way to make money and get started in the UK. Like with any business, you need to find suppliers in the UK that you can trust if you want to make money. Find out how much they charge for the product and delivery, and then mark it up so you can make money.
Your markup should be small, like most dropshippers’, but the more you sell, the more money you’ll make. When selling products, make sure to think about the cost of any online store and the cost of shipping to make the most money.
The question is, which suppliers are the best for your dropshipping business?
Top-Rated Dropship Companies in the United Kingdom
For the dropshipping business, it is important not only to offer excellent products but also to offer fast shipping. Therefore, you need to create a list of UK dropshipping providers that you will be working with.
Here are the best places to look for authentic products from UK suppliers.
AliExpress is a very well-known place to shop online. It is the Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business division of Alibaba Group, which is one of the biggest online retailers in the world. AliExpress is known for selling high-quality items at low prices. There are more sellers on it than on any other platform, so you have a lot of options.
You might wonder, since AliExpress is based in China, why it is listed here as a way to find suppliers in the UK. Well, because there are still a lot of suppliers whose warehouses are in the UK.
Note: These suppliers with UK warehouses are easy to find. Just search for a product, filter it by “Ships from the UK,” and make sure the “Ship to” setting is set to the UK.
So why not think about the best dropshipping platform for the first time? AliExpress also has deals on beauty tools that can be used for more than one thing, hair styling tools and accessories, and skin care tools that are stored in UK warehouses.
- Prices are lower. Most of the time, the prices of items on AliExpress are very low. This will increase your margins and make it easier to keep making money.
- Specialized products. AliExpress has a list of products that includes some of the most popular ones in the world. Even if these are only products that can be shipped from warehouses in the UK, there are still a lot of them to choose from. You can also look at what the best-selling items will be in 2021 to get ideas and make your business more competitive.
- Chances to get money back. If you don’t already know, you can get cash back on all orders from AliExpress, which is a great way to save money.
- AliExpress has a lot of customers. Because it’s so popular, a lot of people now also buy things on AliExpress. This makes it harder to build a customer base with AliExpress products because your customers can buy the products directly and find out that you dropship.
- So, if you want to dropship on AliExpress, you should leave a note for the suppliers to remind them that you are dropshipping and that the package doesn’t need a brand label or an invoice. Or, you can learn the basics of private label products to make your dropshipping business look like a brand.
Avasam is one of the best places in the UK to look for the best dropshipping suppliers. It lets you set up fast-shipping eCommerce businesses that are automated. It is in charge of everything, from finding good products to helping customers after they buy them.
Avasam has a wide range of product categories, and most of them have margins of 40%, which leaves room for dropshipping, advertising, and other marketing costs. Avasam shows both the price of the source product and the RRP (Recommended Retail Price), so it’s easy to figure out how much the product will sell for.
You can add products to your store with just a few clicks using the listing manager on the administration dashboard.
If you choose standard shipping, it will cost you £2.99 and take between three and four days to get to you. If you want your package to arrive in 24 hours, you can pay £5.00 for express shipping.
- Avasam is a great choice for people who want to reach people in the UK because it has a rating of 4.4/5 on online reputation platforms. You can accept payments through PayPal on your chosen sales channel, but you can’t use PayPal to pay your suppliers through Avasam, so you’ll need to register a payment card.
- Customer service is a plus. When I looked at the reviews of Avasam on Trustpilot, almost everyone said that their customer service team was great.
- ▪ Proven UK suppliers. Because Avasam has a supplier verification programme, you can trust every supplier on the platform.
Fit together. The ways that Avasam can be used are unmatched. No other provider of dropshipping platforms has more than 60 different integrations.
- Only in the UK. At the moment, Avasam is only being sent to the UK. They don’t send packages to other countries, like the US.
Modalyst is a plug-in made for Wix that works with dropshipping tools that are made to work with certain store-building services. This handy plugin helps automate your dropshipping business by connecting you to suppliers who can help your customers get the products they want. There are many things to choose from, like accessories and jewellery.
Modalyst is an app for online stores that automates the process of drop shipping. It is known for selling products from well-known brands like Calvin Klein, DSquare, Dolce & Gabbana, and more. Modalyst also gives each target audience a list of independent fashion brands that fit their style.
Modalyst is a product that is very focused and easy to use. You can get in touch with vendors through a dashboard, and if you need to check on things on the go, you can use a mobile app. Modalyst is also great, and it only takes one click to connect to Wix. There aren’t many things that are easier.
Modalyst has a free programme to help you start learning about these services. But remember that there is a 5% transaction fee for all tiers.
- There are a lot of good products to choose from.
- White label dropshipping programme
- Profit margins that are high
- Faster ways to get around
- Shopify, BigCommerce, and Wix are all able to work together.
- Cheaper plans don’t offer as many products
- All levels have a 5% transaction fee
4. Gateway Brands Brands
Gateway is one of the most trusted dropshipping companies that sells high-end clothes and accessories. They have a wide range of high-end clothing from brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Gucci, and Versace. Their authenticity guarantee makes sure that their products are 100% original and gives their customers 100% original fashion pieces.
When store owners stock their shelves with designer items, they can make a lot of money, with profit margins of up to 250% per order. Their plugin is easy to use and instal, and it has features like automatic inventory updates and order placement that make it easy for customers to run their stores. BrandsGateway ships to over 170 countries around the world from its warehouses in Europe and the United States. This gives clients the chance to reach a wide audience.
BrandsGateway is the best choice for business owners who want to sell high-quality clothing that will be sure to bring in a lot of customers.
- No MOQ
- More than 120 luxury brands make up more than 12,000 designer items.
- Every week, new products come out.
- Online stores made with Shopify, WooCommerce, Shift4Shop, and Wix can add a plugin.
- 14-day return policy and shipping companies you can trust
- 24/7 Customer Service
- 4.6 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot
- New dropshippers might think it’s too pricey.
- Products sell out quickly.
eSources is one of the biggest supplier catalogues for wholesale and dropshipping. More than half of their catalogue is made up of UK wholesalers, but they also have over 170,000 listings for dropshipping suppliers!
eSources is also one of the UK’s most experienced directory services, and its business has been growing since 2005. So, they don’t lack either a lot of suppliers or a lot of experience in the field.
Also, eSources does a thorough check of dropshipping vendors before adding them to the dropshipping dealer catalogue to make sure they are not middlemen.
- The UK’s biggest list of suppliers. You can choose from more than 170,000 different lists.
- The website is out of date. It looks like eSources hasn’t changed how its website looks or works since it first started doing business. But they do make regular changes to their products and suppliers.
Doba is a cutting-edge dropshipping service made to make business owners’ lives easier. You can easily find dropshipping products for your business if you have a number of first-rate wholesale suppliers to choose from.
You can find a lot of online business suppliers through this huge product database. You can also make special orders right from Doba.
Doba makes it quick and easy to find, list, and sell products. You can try it for free for 30 days and get great analytics to help you figure out which of your products are giving your business the best results.
Doba doesn’t just list suppliers; it also works with dropshippers, so you can send orders to multiple warehouses from a single place. The membership also comes with a tool called “Push-to-Market,” which makes it easy to list items on eBay.
Even though you can try Doba for free, it’s important to know that memberships start at about $29 a month and can be quite pricey. This lets you keep using the network of exclusive suppliers.
- One of the biggest supplier networks, with over 2 million products
- The quick and easy way transportation works
- A simple interface for adding new products
- Send me emails about new products, sales, and more
- Membership costs a lot of money
Printful is one of the most popular places to get on-demand printing in Europe and other places. They are almost ready to open new warehouses in the UK. At the moment, most of their UK products are shipped from fulfilment centres in Europe, but that doesn’t mean they don’t belong on the list of UK dropshipping suppliers.
This POD affiliate has the best products that can be made to order. With just a few clicks, you can design products with the model generator, which is easy to use. Then, you can just add an extension that instals the Printful app for Shopify or the WooCommerce plugin to sync the printings with your online store. They also have white label and branding options, and bulk orders get a 20% discount.
If you have a valid UK VAT ID, Printful does not charge VAT. Since you are responsible for VAT charges, read this article to learn how VAT will be charged.
- It’s easy to set up and works well.
- No MQO or monthly fee
- White label products that are high-quality
- Give services for a brand
- Integration with well-known systems
- Warranty policy for packages that are damaged or lost
- Mostly for artists and designers
- Some products have high prices to start with
Users have to pay for an annual membership to use the SaleHoo wholesale directory, which is a list of verified suppliers and dropshippers. It has been running since 2005 and has its headquarters in New Zealand.
SaleHoo is a middleman that connects online sellers and dropshippers with about 8,000 suppliers from more than 100 countries, like the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and China, who handle a wide range of products.
In fact, just like with Avasam, you can find multiple dropshipping suppliers on SaleHoo. Even though SaleHoo is a New Zealand-based company, they still have a number of UK suppliers in their directory.
- Vetted suppliers. When you work with suppliers on SaleHoo, you don’t have to worry about getting ripped off. Before adding a supplier to its list, SaleHoo does a thorough check on each one.
- Guaranteed to make you happy. You can try SaleHoo and get your money back if you don’t like it. Just send them an email.
- Good service to customers. Most of the things that people say about SaleHoo on Trustpilot are about how great their customer service team is.
- This is just a list of providers. You can find a seller for your product on your own by doing a thorough search, like on Google.
Tip: Dropship corporation can help you make more money.
You should know that some of the above platforms have a Shopify app version so that they can work well with Shopify. Other eCommerce platforms, such as Wix and WooCommerce, are also connected to the platforms and directories of these suppliers.
If you have a Shopify store, you know how its more than 3,000 apps can help your business. The best dropshipping app is Dropship corporation.it is an official partner of AliExpress and lets you place as many orders as you want on AliExpress. Even if you don’t have a website for your online business, you can still use the CSV feature of Dropship corporation to help you automate order fulfilment.
Dropshipping is a great way to help your online business grow. Even though Brexit is causing more pain, you can take steps to lessen the pain and negative effects so you can keep your business in the UK running well.